This post is part of our series on the National Science Foundation I-Corps Lean LaunchPad class in Life Science and Health Care at UCSF.
- Part 1: issues in the therapeutics drug discovery pipeline
- Part 2: medical devices and digital health
- Part 3: described what we’re going to do about it.
- Part 4: This Will Save us Years – Customer Discovery in Medical Devices
- Part 5: Value proposition and customer segments in Life Sciences
- Part 6: Distribution channels in Life Sciences
- Part 7: Revenue Streams in Life Sciences
- Part 8: When Customers Make You Smarter –Customer Discovery in Digital Health
- Part 9: We’ve seen the Future of Translational Medicine and it’s Disruptive
Our Lean LaunchPad for Life Science class talked to 2,355 customers, tested 947 hypotheses and invalidated 423 of them. They had 1,145 engagements with instructors and mentors. (We kept track of all this data by instrumenting the teams with LaunchPad Central software.)
This post is one of a series of the “Lessons Learned” presentations and videos from our class.
Sometimes a startup results from a technical innovation. Or from a change in regulation, declining costs, changes in consumers needs or an insight about customer needs. Resultcare, one of the 26 teams in the class started when a resident in clinical medicine at UCSF watched her mother die of breast cancer and her husband get critically injured.
The team members are:
- Dr. Mima Geere Clinical Medicine at UCSF.
- Dr. Arman Jahangiri HHMI medical fellow at UCSF, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Dr. Brandi Castro in Neuroscience at UCSF
- Mitchell Geere product design
- Kristen Bova MBA, MHS
- Nima Anari PhD in Data Science
ResultCare is a mobile app that helps physicians take the guesswork out of medicine. It enables physicians to practice precision medicine while reducing costs.
Here’s Resultcare’s 2 minute video summary
If you can’t see the video above, click here.
Watch their Lesson Learned presentation below. The first few minutes of the talk is quite personal and describes the experiences that motivated Dr. Geere to address this problem.
If you can’t see the video above, click here
The Resultcare presentation slides are below.
If you can’t see the presentation above, click here
Listen to the blog post here
Download the podcast here